Friday 1 July 2011

New Kit, and a few interesting happenings...

Well, it's been a while, again, and things have moved along quite a bit since my last entry.

First thing first, I'm not going to be dropping the "film" part of this blog title just yet. Short version of events: chicken pox set me back more than I thought, I've got to retake 2 modules at uni in January. So that's a pain, but, what can you do?

Now, the good stuff! I have a new camera! I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D5100 and a whole load of extras for it. Wonderful camera, loving the results so far, and looking forward to experimenting further.

Big, big news on the film screening that I was hoping to put together! It's going ahead, and all the details can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200511993325046&ref=ts

Lots of films, hopefully lots of people, it should be a great night.

I took my new camera out for the first time, to a couple of local museums, and the pictures from those visits can be found on my Flickr page.

I've also been asked to take photos and video at a local event tomorrow, so those pictures will hopefully be up next week. I'm looking forward to it, it'll be a chance to build my portfolio, and more importantly, hopefully build contacts to get closer to my goal of making this hobby at least part of my profession.

The 4 days in Southport went very well, great company and a lot of hard work, but all worth it when I got to see my first professional camerawork go out on a big plasma screen in the closing sequence. I will admit, I shed a few silent tears of joy and pride at that.

So, until next time, bye bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment